I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Lilly in Love

Project 10 of my Simply Betty Stamps Challenge: Color every image in the Simply Betty Collection. That's over 500 images not including the new releases this year. Want to know the details? Click HERE. Join my blog and cheer me on while I work my way through the Simply Betty Catalog. 

For this project, I wanted to step outside of the "Betty" images, and chose an image from the "Jude & the Rockers" selection. Lilly Love was the very first image to jump out at me. I was excited about coloring the fun layers of her dress and choosing a funky hair color. (Oh, the hair was so challenging!!)




To color Lilly, I used my Copics:
Hair: B12, B14, B28
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04, R20
Green: G00, G02, G09
Gray/Black: N2, N4, N6, N8

The sentiment comes from Dylusions, the Clearly the Right Words stamp set. 
Lilly is cut out with a Spellbinders die cut.

Challenges Entered:
Crafting By Design: Thinking of You
Crafting for all Seasons: Die Cut
Digi Choosday: AG
Card Mania: Add Some Red
Copic Challenge Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.