I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy Place

I took a hiatus from crafting, and goodness it feels great to be back, especially with Project 30 of my Simply Betty Stamps Challenge: Color every image in the Simply Betty Collection. That's over 500 images not including the new releases this year. It's amazing how much inspiration I get from her images. I'm super excited about all of the encouragement and feedback from my followers. 

Come join my blog and cheer me on while I work my way through the Simply Betty Catalog.


I made this project specifically for the Cardz TV Stamps Gallery. I'm using the CardzTV set, It's All Good. This is the perfect set of sentiments for any occasion, even just to say hello.






I used the sentiment "Go to Your Happy Place" because I wanted to color an enchanted ocean with mermaids and beautiful coral. Haven't we all wanted to be a mermaid at some point in our lives.



I used random colors from my Copic marker collection to color my mermaid. She is a digital stamp from Simply Betty Stamps. Betty has several mermaids to color. I happen to love the purple shiny octopus in the corner. It's actually a sticker, and so is the starfish on the bottom. The die cut corner border is from Memory Box and called Oceana Corner. I love it.

Enjoy!
Gallery Designer - Faith The Crafting Professor

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful Faith!! Love the colors you used!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.