I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Catch Some Sun

Challenge #24: Summer Fun

Our new challenge at ScrapbookerPhD is to focus on Summer Fun. This is going to be a fun challenge because June has just started. There are waterparks opening, lakes are getting warmer, and pools opening up. 


I took a hiatus from crafting, and goodness it feels great to be back, especially with Project 31 of my Simply Betty Stamps Challenge: Color every image in the Simply Betty Collection. That's over 500 images not including the new releases this year. It's amazing how much inspiration I get from her images. I'm super excited about all of the encouragement and feedback from my followers. 

For my Summer Fun project, I chose this adorable surfer girl from the Betty collection. I added a die cut sun, a chip board beach ball, and ceramic flip flops. All of the coloring was done with my Copics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.