I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kraftin' Kimmie Fairy

My birthday cards tend to be similar, mostly using die cuts with little puns, like Best Fishes (yes, I have a thing with fish, especially sharks and mermaids). This time, I wanted something really different for a sweet girl turning 13. This Kraftin' Kimmie stamp called Clarabelle. 


I really experimented with different colors and shading, especially with the blues. I wasn't careful about writing down the actual blues I used, but they are from Spectrum Noir. I just mixed and matched. For the hair, I did the same, coloring each strand in a different red/pink family. The sentiment stamp is from Well Designed, the Caring Thoughts set,  and the butterflies are Paper Arts   die cuts.

She is cut out from a Spellbinders die cut, and I inked the edges in Tim Holtz distress ink. I layered up the papers in bright colors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.