I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Before and After... Tequila

With my New Year's Crafting Resolution underway, I thought I would share a little bit of my progress with you. My goals for the year are to become color certified in both Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. To reach my goals, I am taking coloring classes at Kit and Clowder

It's been only a short time, but WOW do I see progress. 

Let's take a look at this card that I made today. In actuality, I "re-made" this card by coloring the worm again. I wanted the worm to have more depth and shading and the sombrero to look aged. I added a bit of glitter on the sombrero and around the worm. I also added some liquid pearls and a sentiment from Paper Smooches, Free Spirits stamp set. 




Now, let's look at the "before." The worm is so flat. There is no dimension or shading. The sombrero is very bright and the colors are bleeding across the page. While I do like to have some shadow under the image, this was overkill - a murky gray smear of color. While the cup was a nice touch, it crowded the image. Plus, I got glitter EVERYWHERE trying to create "salt" at the top of the glass. 



I have to thank Alyce from Kit and Clowder because it is her classes in coloring that are really making the difference. Want to enhance your coloring, check out Kit and Clowder.  You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.