I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fly Away Home

Can you believe it is time for Challenge #5 at Take Heart Ideas, and we have a fabulous prize waiting for the winner, so get out your CTMH products and start playing. Remember, Take Heart Ideas requires you use products from Close to My Heartand you can include CTMH Cricut cartridges as products if you would like. Like last time, anything goes. Need some new supplies, shop herehttp://scrapbookerphd.ctmh.com.


“TakeHeartIdeas”

For my project, I wanted create my own background. I looked over my CTMH stamps for inspiration and found C157 Lifting Spirits Occasions with cloud shapes and an airplane. I colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers: TB 1, 2, and 3. Next, I added the bursts of yellow from S1406 Kaboom. I added some glitter. 


I stamped the airplane onto a tag die cut, and used my stash of ribbon and twine to end. I was inspired to put the string and twine from one of the airplanes that carry a message with them in the sky. For the sentiment, i punched a small orange tag and I used D1629 Just to Say (Artfully Sent set). 

Challenges Entered
Clear it Out Challenge: Orange
Inky Chicks: 3 stamps
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers: Die cuts or Punches
Pile it On: Create a Scene
Sunday Stamps: Colors
Crafty Calendar: Sparkle, Die Cut, Blue

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh what a cute card...Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...hope you come and play with us again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! You did a great job of combining so many challenges also. Thanks for sharing your card with the Sunday Stamps gallery--hope you will join us again soon! (I clicked on your blog from the Sunday Stamps challenge site and was pleased to find another place that I can share my love of CTMH products. I look forward to joining you in a challenge soon. Have you heard about Color My Heart Color Dare--another CTMH inspired challenge blog.)
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the cute punched tag. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'cut it out' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background you created - makes for a very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our 'BINGO' challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and cheery card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.