I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Chills & Thrills and Googly Eyes

I am a confirmed SVG-aholic. 
Come on now, many of you are too. Just admit it. 
So much to choose from and just so little time. 

I try to make a project a day, but sometimes life gets in the way. SVG files are so helpful when I need a quick fix. I feel like they are made just for me, and I can follow the recipe. 

That leads me to what is probably my very last Halloween card. This card was made with an SVG from Miss Kate Cuttables


Chills and Thrills, what an appropriate sentiment for Halloween. I wanted this to be the focus of the card, so I used the bright Halloween colors of orange, green, and purple. The background paper is from my stash as is the skull ribbon. Now, I just needed something else. Something that would make this card more than just a title. 



Then it hit me! Googly eyes!!!! I had the colored goggly eyes from last year's Halloween stash, and I found the glittery bats with goggly eyes from Recollections. And then, Aha, I was finished. 

Challenges Entered
Cute Card Thursday: Razzle Dazzle
Quoth the Raven: Colors
Crafting By Design: Halloween
Die Cuttin Divas: Halloween
The Crazy Challenge: Spooky Nights






2 comments:

  1. Definitely spooky with those wiggly eyes. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha - BRILLIANT !!! Fabulous with all the spooky eyes and I luv the SVG cut :-D I have loads too but can never make up my mind which one LoL
    Thank you for playing along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.