I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Stomping Ground

Dinosaurs. My nephews love dinosaurs, so of course, I had to buy dinosaur stamps. The stamps sets used here are from The Alley Way Stamps, the Stomper set. I have been really looking for inspiration on this because I tend to use traditional colors when I color animals. I wanted theses dinosaurs to POP. Luckily, The Alley Way Challenge Blog has color inspiration. I started with a little bit of bone patterned paper and tore that with some darker orange to get the feel for the ground. 



The Alley Way Stamps also include SVGs, so both dinosaurs were stamped onto their SVG shape. No more fussy cutting!

I colored my dinosaurs with my Spectrum Noir Markers (TB 2 and 4 and OR 1 and 3).
I made the mistake of using liquid glass on the eyes, the application is somewhat cloudy. 

Originally, I had the blue background embossed with a star folder, but after seeing that circles were another inspiration for The Alley Wast Stamps, I went with a dot embossing folder. 

Challenges Entered
TAWS Be Inspired: Photo inspiration
STAMPlorations: Stamps and Embossing
CCEE Stampers: Make a scene
The Crafter's Cafe: Things with wings
Cards and More: Get well
Inky Chicks: 3 Stamps

10 comments:

  1. Great coloring! Love the polka dots in the background!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TAWS Be Inspired Challenge!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your torn paper stomping grounds for these cute dinosaurs, Faith! Thank you for sharing this fun prehistoric scene with the CCEE Stampers in their Make a Scene Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cuuuuuuute! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafter's Café this week.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love torn paper for scenes. I used it for mine too. Love these cute dinosaurs. What little boy wouldn't love this card?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe !!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute. Love the little dinos with their glossy accent eyes. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations and Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card that's perfect for boys! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun! Love the layers on the bottom! Thanks for joining us at BIC!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahah) i love the textures and the scene! So cute and fun!
    Thank you for being with Be Inspired Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.