I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Party with the Monsters

My friend, Sam, is such a fun (and funny) guy. His birthday is coming up, and I wanted to him a card that he could appreciate. In a word: Monsters! Sam and I love science fiction, especially monsters and aliens. Luckily, I had two stamp sets to make this card work. 



In the circle on this card, I stamped the monster, sentiment, balloons and stars from Create a Smile stamps, the Monster Party set. I colored the images with my Copics:

Blue: BG11, BG13, BG15
Purple: V01, V04, V06

(The image was cut with a circle die cut and then layered on a die cut scalloped circle.)

The banner at the top of the card was cut with a die cut and stamped using The Alley Way Stamps, Oogles. 

Challenges Entered: 
Creative Card Crew: Birthday with Sentiment
Eureka Stamps: Birthday Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.