I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's Wine O'Clock

Project 5 of my Simply Betty Stamps Challenge: Color every image in the Simply Betty Collection. That's over 500 images not including the new releases this year. Want to know the details? Click HERE. Join my blog and cheer me on while I work my way through the Simply Betty Catalog. 

For today's project, I was inspired to use Devilish Betty. To me, she looked like she was on her way to a fancy party, where she would be up to no good! I love the pleats in her dress, and used four different reds to add dimension to those pleats. My favorite decision was to make her eyes green. 


For coloring, I used the following Copics:
Hair - N2, N4, N6, and a touch of N8. 
Skin - E000, E11, E21, R22, R20, E00
Dress and Boots - R22, R29, R46, R59
Green - YG23, YG25

The green border is a Spellbinders Die Cut. 
The ribbon is sequenced, but it is hard to tell in the photo. 

The sentiment stamp is from Paper Smooches, stamp set Free Spirits. 

Challenges Entered
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by CIO challenge blog...great project done here <((><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. Love the splash of green. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. I love how you have showcased the image. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's "wine-o-clock"!!! Cute image!! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Gals Corner and good luck!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Crafty Gals DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the bright colours and she is sassy indeed.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.