I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Countdown to Christmas

On Wednesday night I saw my first Christmas commercial of the year. It was a tupperware commercial where the kitchen cabinets were all decorated with Christmas lights. It's that time. It's the countdown until Christmas (not to mention Christmas shopping).

In that spirit, I created my first Christmas card of the season. I used SVG cuts from Designs on Cloud 9. The file was actually Santa's clothing on a clothes line. I chose to create the items of clothing and lump them together as if they were on the floor and in need of getting ready. The sentiment is from Pink & Main, the Joy set. 



The patterned papers came from BoBunny's Mistletoe stack. I embellished the clothing with both liquid appliqué and glitter. The die cut is from Spellbinders. 

Challenges Entered
Christmas Card Challenge: AG
My Perfect Life: AG Christmas
Creative Corner: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Fun with Shapes: Christmas is Soon
Moving Along with the Times: Sparkle or Shine (liquid appliqué and glitter pen)
Creative Moments: AG + Celebration




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.