I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Blog Hop

Greetings Crafters, I was so excited when Beth from ScrappingWonders.com invited me to join in a Blog Hop. If you found this post, you left Beth's post last week. Thank you Beth.

To celebrate this blog hop - follow the blog, leave a comment, and I'll pick a random winner from the comments for blog candy! It's really good blog candy!!

May name is Faith Wallace, and this blog, The Crafting Professor, is my personal blog. I wanted to create this blog because my challenge blog, ScrapbookerPhD has become so overcrowded.

In this blog hop, we are looking at inspiration and creativity - what makes your work different and what are you working on? How and why do you create?

If you are like me, I have been crafting since high school or earlier by cutting up photos and magazines and using a glue stick to place them in an album. It's amazing how times have changed.
Even back then (and still now), I always want to tell a good story. I let things jump out at me for inspiration - a stamp, a die cut, a photo, paper... Then I like to imagine the project with a story behind it.

I just recently created this card all because of the SVG Heart file from Pretty Papers Pretty Ribbons. He just jumped out at me, and reminded me of the animated M&M characters in commercials. I imagined him being super sarcastic, and I used my Cricut Explore's writing function to write what this character would be saying: "You know you love this guy!"


Next stop on the blog hop is Jilliene. Her blog www.jillienedesigns.blogspot.com focuses on creative living, cricut-centric, and had craft tutorials. She also focuses on playing with kids. Her post will go live next Monday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.