I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mermaid Alyce

Project 15 of my Simply Betty Stamps Challenge: Color every image in the Simply Betty Collection. That's over 500 images not including the new releases this year. Wow! I can't believe I'm at 15 already. I think I'm on a roll. I have been coloring like a madman. Come join my blog and cheer me on while I work my way through the Simply Betty Catalog. 

For this project, I found inspiration from two places.

First, Simply Betty's monthly challenge is to try something new or something that is difficult for you. I struggle with long hair. For some reason I can't seem to get the shading quite right. In this image, Mermaid Alyce, I went with lighter colors to help my blending. 

In addition, Kit and Clowder's challenge is fantasy. I love mermaids, dragons, zombies and more, but mermaids are my favorite, so Mermaid Alyce fit right into the fantasy challenge. 


To complete her look, I used a water splash brad and 3D stickers. The sentiment is from Pretty Cute Stamps, the Sea Life set. 

Challenges Entered
Simply Betty Stamps - Something Difficult (see FB group)
Kit and Clowder - Fantasy
Avenue 613: AG + Aquamarine
Laural Craft Challenge: Embellishments





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.