I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Flower Child

I just love The East Wind digital stamps, especially this image called Aurora. She is absolutely perfect for The East Wind Challenge: CLOSE UP. Meaning, just using the face/head of the image. I really wanted these flowers to stand out. 

When I started to color her with my Copics, I had no idea what colors I wanted to use, so I sat in front of my Copic container and chose random colors. I didn't even write down what I was using because sometimes, I changed my mind and colored over the image. But the end result is what I wanted, a rainbow of floral colors. 


I cut her and the mat from a Sizzix die cut, and then used scraps for the background. The yellow corner die cut is from Spellbinders, and the sentiment tag (with ribbon) is from Making Memories. 

Challenges Entered:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.