I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Beautiful Friendship


Challenge #21: BLING

Our new challenge at ScrapbookerPhD is to add BLING. Should be a fun challenge since I can't remember an entry that didn't already have some bling on it. 

For my project, I chose another Simply Betty Stamp, she is part of a hat lady collection that you can see HERE. (This is my 13th Betty Stamp toward my goal of coloring everything in her collection.) For this project, I wanted to feel some spring! I image that she is going to lunch party at a country club. It just seems so fitting with the hat. 

Further, this is for a specific friend whose friendship has been special to me for a decade or more. 

I colored her with my Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, E04, R20, R22
Hair: N0, N2, N4, N6
Pink: R81, R83, R85
Hat: G20, G21, G24



I cut her out from a Spellbinders die cut and placed pink glitter gems around her. I covered the swirls with Wink of Stella (but the glitter isn't showing up on the photo). The flower also has a jewel on it. The sentiment came from a set called Special Blend by Sweet and Sassy.

Challenges Entered
Simon Says: Special Lady
Card Mania: Spring

5 comments:

  1. She looks very classy!! Great card and love the design. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Faith. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! shes so sassy!! :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith, I love your blog Bio and your card is Awesome too, I am glad I found you am now your newest follower. Please stop by my blog and say HI. TFS Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining in Card Mania Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.