I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

It's Magical

Onward and Upward in my New Year's Crafting resolution: all about coloring! 
I want to be able to apply for certification in coloring through Spectrum Noir and Copics by next year. 

Smooth blending is something I have been working on, and even though this cute unicorn is small, I wanted to show smooth blending in the body and the wings, blending a darker color into a lighter color without a hard line. 


I just happen to love this entire stamp set called Enchanted by The Alley Way Stamps. I added a little fun lace to the bottom and used a pretty pink patterned paper for the background. The unicorn is covered with glitter from Wink of Stella, although it is hard to see. 


Challenges Entered:
DoubleClick Skittles: Animal Challenge
Fab n' Funky: Ribbon/Lace
Fresh Brewed: Animals
Inky Impressions: Cute and Cuddly






4 comments:

  1. This unicorn is adorable!! Love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your magical little card! Thank You for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! Guest Designer --Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card using that adorable image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute little image and so beautifully coloured too. I love that lace which fits perfectly with our challenge at Fab n Funky. Thanks for joining us.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.