I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Born to be Wild!

It's a new year, and it's time for a new card challenge with Cardz TV. The theme for this challenge is occasions. I decided to make a birthday card for one of my nephews. 

My inspiration for this card was MONSTERS and ALIENS. All of my 5 nephews just love all things with monsters and aliens and superheroes. I decided to use this fabulous green monster from Designs on Cloud 9. I started with the monster and inked all around his body, and then, I flocked his eyebrow. Next, I use the Cricut cartridge Elegant Edges to create a frame that would hold the monster and the sentiment. I used the Cardz TV stamp sets Good Times and You're the Man. I love the Born to be Wild sentiment. I feel like it goes well with a crazy monster alien. The wooden stars are from my stash. 



Here is a close up of the flocking. 


5 comments:

  1. Great birthday card Faith!! Love the flocking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card. Love his eye! :-) I'm sure your nephew loved it!
    Hugs,
    Lena – Cardz TV DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. This this little monster. The flocking looks great on his eye! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.