I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Birthday Hogs & Kisses

Isn't Facebook great for tracking birthdays! 
Today, I was reminded that my friend Jennifer was celebrating a birthday, so off to the craft room I went to make a birthday card. 

I have said before that I love to create birthday cards that use non-traditional sentiments, so I went with two stamp sets for this one. I started with the "Happy Cake Day" stamp from The Alley Way Stamps, Cake Day set. I knew I wanted a cute little critter on the card, so I used the Simon Says Stamp set Animal Celebrations. I love this little piggy and the sentiment that goes with him. 



To color the balloon and party hat, I used the Chameleon pen Aqua. If you haven't tried these pens yet, you are really missing out. One pen creates multiple shades for great blending. Yes, one pen colored the balloon.

For the piggy, I went to my Spectrum Noir markers. I used PP4, PP5, and PP6.




1 comment:

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.