I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Snow Globe

It is December 24th, and, yes, I am still making Christmas cards. This card is one of my favorites and was inspired by this fabulous snow globe svg file from Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons and the challenge (photo inspiration) from The Alley Way Stamps


For the challenge, I wanted to create a winter scene in the snow globe. I embossed the snow hill with a snowflake embossing folder, and used a very soft blue at the base. I used three stamps sets from TAWS: "Celebrate" comes from the More Than Words set, the snowflakes comes from the Winter Butterflies set, and the winter bird and sentiment "peace on earth" comes from the All Wrapped Up set. 

I added white liquid pearls to help create the feeling of snow falling inside the snow globe. 

Challenges Entered
TAWS - Be Inspired: Photo Inspiration
PPPR: Christmas

7 comments:

  1. Faith,this is so cute and adorable Merry Christmas and Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! It all fits together perfectly! Thanks for linking up with the PPPR "Christmas" challenge!!
    Nicole
    PPPR dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is awesome! I love the embossed snow on the hill! Love shaped cards too! Thanks for joining us at the Be Inspired Challenge!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snow globe! The bird is so cute, the embossed snow is fabulous and I love your background with the stamping and liquid pearls! I'm so glad you played along with the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Christmas Challenge!
    Ruth - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry...I'm STILL making Christmas Cards...lol. Thanks for linking up this cute little snow globe card to the PPR Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Faith!
    You asked me where I bought the Bones papers. It's very old paper, I bought it in 2007(!) at Adornit (Carolee's Creations). It's called Gift Bones and the number of the paper is 22048, but I've no idea if it's still available.
    Liselot

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.