I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas Ornament

Can you believe it is time for Challenge #6 at Take Heart Ideas, and we have a fabulous prize waiting for the winner, so get out your CTMH products and start playing. Remember, Take Heart Ideas requires you use products from Close to My Heartand you can include CTMH Cricut cartridges as products if you would like. Like last time, anything goes. Need some new supplies, shop herehttp://scrapbookerphd.ctmh.com.

It is the day before Thanksgiving, and all of my cards and decorations are finished. So I took a moment out of my day to create a Christmas card. I went directly to my CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge for this gorgeous ornament. I welded a white base together to create the card, and I set it at 5 inches tall, so that I could fit it into a square envelope. Next, I cut a layer of silver and put the decorate layer of red on top. I inked the red with a little bit of White Daisy ink.


To further create the mood of Christmas winter, I added two leaves in shades of green with White Daisy ink on top for a snowy effect. On the inside of the card, I stayed a sentiment from the Snowhaven stamp set (D1625) and inked the edges with Ponderosa Pine ink. 


One tip that I use when I stamp sentiments is to emboss with clear powder. I do this to even out and and deepen the ink color. I like to use clear in case the powder sticks to the sides around the stamp. 

(Need supplies? Get them HERE)

Follow my blog for more CTMH inspiration. 

Challenges Entered
Crafting for all Seasons: Tis' the Season
Die Cuttin' Divas: Shaped Cards
Try it on Tuesday: Christmas is Coming

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.