I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Monday, November 3, 2014

A Cup of Tea

Welcome friends, I am so excited to share this card with you. All of my inspiration for this card came from memories of my grandmother. She had a unique appreciation of art that was very much rooted in the Asian style of art; she loved delicate branches with small flower petals in peachy-orange colors accompanied by shades of gray. Can you see the inspiration...  



With all that in mind, I actually started with this fantastic tea pot by The Alley Way Stamps, the Tea-Par-Tea set. It is a new release set. I colored in the pot with two shades of gray by Spectrum Noir, IG1, IG2.  Next, I used coral colors to the small details on the pot. 



I cut the tea pot out on a circle using my Sizzix die cuts, and then mat is a decorative circle from my Spellbinders die cut. 



Next, I embossed the background (embossing folder is unnamed), and inked the edges with Close To My Heart inks: Goldrush and Hollyhock. 

Finally, the embellishments, the coral colored flowers, are from Petaloo.  
I just love the Tea-Par-Tea stamp set, and I plan on making a few tags to go along with this card. 

Challenges Entered:
Aud Sentiments Challenge: 2 Word Sentiment
Color My Heart: Choose Your Own Orange
We Do Doobadoo: Enhance your Die Cuts
Fairytale Stampers: Something New
Card Mania: Use your Dies
Cards and More: Get Well



9 comments:

  1. What a great colour combo! I have to snatch that one. A great looking card. Stunning! Thanks for joining us over at Aud sentiments this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so feminine and pretty, Faith. I have one of those Japanese teapots. They're lovely!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Are you entering the challenge at Card Mania? Or applying for DT position?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation, love the sponged embossing and that fabby teapot. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea-riffic card! I love the canvas flowers and the embossed background is beautiful. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I enjoyed reading how you were inspired to make this card. Great colors, textures and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Color My Heart Color DAre--please join us gain soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely card. Love the way you inked the background and the flowers match beautifully. Thank you for playing along this week with Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the added splashes of color to your embossed branches, Faith. And those flowers are gorgeous! Nice work with the orange! Thanks for joining the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely! However if you're not applying for DT at Card Mania Challenge blog, please make sure you link it correctly :) Hugs, Ani

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.