I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Holiday Time

Today is the day! Challenge #4 for DoubleClick Skittles. Anything Goes this time! The sky is the limit. Get out your stash and use it. 



Not sure what Skittles are? Check out this video! 

I don't know about you, but holidays are on my mind... Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then (for me) Hanukkah and Christmas. But the hardest cards for me to make are the Jewish High Holidays which are right around the corner. High Holidays start with the Jewish New Year and is called Rosh Hashanah. On Rosh Hashanah, we talk about opening a new chapter in our book of life. Symbols of Rosh Hashanah are apples and honey for a sweet new year. Usually, I go minimalistic or CAS for these cards. Not this year! I'm going BOLD!



I decided to move away my usual style, and chose this bold pattern from my stash to start. Then I went to work on my honey jar (from Pretty Papers, Pretty Ribbons) and apple (Cricut Serenade cartridge). I added the dove brad and the apple embellishment to the top. Next I added Skittles to the honey jar and apple to give it some texture. I'll be giving this card to one of my nephews who is learning about the holiday in Hebrew school. 

I only have five more to make, and I'm determined to make them all different. Stay tuned...

Challenges Entered
Bitten by the Bug2: Use a Cricut die cut. 






10 comments:

  1. Your card looks yummy. I love the swirl on that apple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this apple cut with the swirl. This is such an awesome card for your nephew and I know it will mean alot to him. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww cute card, love the sentiment and bold colours :-) Thankyou for joining us at Brown Sugar :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card and absolutely LOVE that sentiment!!! No better book to have your name written in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, love the bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your idea and colors. Clever use of the "skittles." Thanks for joining the Creative Cutting Challenge too!

    Jan
    CCC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful card Faith!! Love the cuts and the papers. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Celebrate Cricut' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and definitely bold! Perfect for a male and I'm sure your nephew will love it. Thanks for playing along at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful !!! I am in love with the design , the cuts but most of all the beautiful sentiment !!! Thank you soo much for sharing this wonderful card with us at BBTB2 !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.