I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Just a POP of Color

If you are following along with me, you know that I'm enjoying the geometric patterns in the CTMH Skylark kit. The color palette is subtle and muted, but there are some fabulous pops of colors. I'm taking advantage of ever little bit of color to make my work POP as well. Follow my blog and get my simple Cricut file that goes along with this design.

Here is a link to the bird cutting file all sized and ready to be cut in Cricut Design Studio.
https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/19156453 

 Need Supplies, Just follow this LINK.
  


When I saw this pattern with the birds perched along the top, I was instantly inspired because I knew that the Cricut CTMH cartridge Artbooking had a similar cut. I took advantage of this to create interest by making the birds blue and adding adding dimension to them as they are lifted off of the perch. I also used the blue as a mat between the kraft card and the patterned paper. The rest of the embellishments came right out of the Skylark kit. The stamp is from the Believe in Yourself Everyday Life (C1574) with Desert Sand ink. The ink is so perfect; the sentiment blends in exactly how I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.