I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Surf's Up

Are you using SVG files with your die cutting machines, well, don't miss out on Deigns on Cloud 9. They have a terrific range of files - some complete, some singular, and of course, a weekly FREE file. I was honored when they ask me to be part of their Design Team.

For my first project, I chose to use the Surf Shack cutting file. You have no idea how many images there are in this file, you could make a scene, and that became my inspiration. I turned the actually surf shack into a card. This is simple to do, you duplicate the image base and flip it, then wield at the edge. Presto! A card base.


Next, I resized everything to match - the chair and the surf boards both sized and then chalked for an aged look. I took some chalk to the blue slats on the shack itself. Instead of keeping with colored card stock, I use two different patters for the surf boards.


 One last detail, if you notice there are initials on the upper blue slat and the door reads, Surf Shack. Since I have the new Cricut Explore that can actually write. I took advantage of that. I imagined the graffiti of two people in love (in this case, myself and husband) and a name on the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.