I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Feeling Pretty



It's time for another challenge this week at Through the Purple Haze. The challenge this week is anything goes with the option of making the card masculine! You don't want to miss out on our sponsors:
For my project this week, I used Sassy Studio Designs Princess Ariel. When I look at Ariel, I see someone who has become beautiful in her own eyes. She has become a strong, independent woman, and she has the whole rest of her life to live the new normal. The phrase says, "forget the old normal, here's to the new normal".  I colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers.

Face: FS1, FS2, TN2, and PP4
Hair: EB1, TN1 - 4
Night Gown: IB1 - 3


This woman needs a stage. I cut the curtain sides from the Cricut cartridge, Twinkle Toes. I added dimension to the curtain with a swirl embossing folder. Then I cut a scalloped border to go across the top of the card to connect the curtains, but still left enough space for the image. Finally, the curtain needed a bit of bling at the "tie back", so I used glittered brads. Then added a little bling around the image. 


Challenges Entered: 
Crafty Girl Challenge: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky: Pretty Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.