I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cuddle Monster




It's time to share a project for Exploring Cricut and More. With my new Cricut Explore, I have been trying out different writing functions. It feels so free to be able to incorporate my own sentiments directly onto the die cuts. 

For this card, I started with the idea of making a fun card for my husband to put in his briefcase, and I wanted it to be cute. I thought about the juxtaposition of cuddling with a cute monster. I found this monster on the Bump in the Night Cricut cartridge, and I went from there. 

All of the colors came from the DP (The Paper Studio, Uptown Flair). The paper is embossed and glittered.  I layered the circles and embossed the top scalloped circle with swirls. 


I loved adding the goggly eyes and the clusters of flowers with gems inside. Here's a close up. 


Challenges Entered:
The Cutie Pie Challenge: Add bling
A Creative Romance: For the boys
Docerela Shop: Colors and flowers 
Color Throwdown: Color set
Simon Says Challenge: Use your Dies

8 comments:

  1. This is so very cute Faith!! Love the little monster and the embossing. Great shape, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! Awesome design! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. I haven't justified upgrading to the new Cricut. How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image and love the swirl embossing! Thxs for joinng us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute...what a darling little monster and I love the round card design!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the cuddle monster, I'm a sucker for googly eyes! Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, great embossing! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing and colors.
    Thanks to joining us over at Docerela Creation!
    DT Member Susana

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.